# Forgot your Password
After setting up your myNode, it is important to change the password. However, if you forget this password you will not be able to log back in to access the services. Luckily, myNode was designed to make this recovery process relatively simple and not lose critical data, like the Bitcoin blockchain or Lightning data.
All you need to do is reflash the SD card - detailed instructions available on the download page.
- Shutdown device using the button on the settings page
- Remove SD Card from Device
- Re-flash the SD Card
- Insert SD card back into the device
- Power device back on (may need to remove and re-connect power cable)
- Your password has now been reset to "bolt"!
Note: This process may cause your device to get a new IP address.